It’s important to remember that your main job is real estate. That being said, if you’re going to use social networking to promote yourself, you’ll need to devote some time to it each day.
Create a social media to do list so that you’re covering all the bases but not spending too much time online. Set a time limit and be disciplined about getting off Facebook and getting on to other tasks.
Here are some items your list might include:
- Post to Twitter at least once a day. Two or three times a day might even be better.
- Ask or answer a question on LinkedIn.
- Write a blog post. Do that at least once every 2-3 days.
- Read other people’s blogs. Subscribe to other real estate blogs and globs from professional associations or industry experts, or news sources.
- Post thoughtful comments on other people’s blogs.
- Update your profiles on sites like LinkedIn or Facebook no less often then every 2-3 weeks. Let people know what you’re doing.
- Communicate with friends on Facebook.